Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Wednesday Ramblings














This is the journal page I did today. I decided instead of Misty's idea of doing pages in the style of our favorite artists I would do my own thing. She was very spontaneous and I enjoyed painting her. The background had been previously done and it wasn't like she was found art or anything like that. I had already done the bird transfer and just built the page around that. With my excess paint I started a few other things but they are only in the beginning stages.

I bought a new planner for the year and surely I can't keep it black. Currently I am gessoing the covers before adding paint and paper and who knows what else. Pictures will follow in a day or two. Last year I used the same style planner and I found I got more things done if I wrote them in like appointments. So that is my plan once again.

I have been having some kind of stomach issue the last 2 nights so I haven't had the energy to do much Art. A friend suggested that I may need some yogurt that perhaps I need some good bacteria in there. I think she may be right, I love it when friends can see a solution and you can not.

I wanted to go out for an adventure with Flynn but just didn't feel up to it. I am headed to the men's shelter for my monthly date to cook dinner. Sometimes it feels good to be doing something for someone else, it helps put your own life in perspective.

I hope you are having an artful day.

5 comments:

  1. She looks very whimsical. I like the bird and also what you wrote.

    I hope your tummy gets better. I always seem to have trouble with my tummy but when I eat yogurt it doesn't bother me....so maybe yogurt is the secret tummy fixer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your journal page, Kate. I agree with you about doing something for others puts things into perspective.
    Hope your stomach feels better. I've been adding a little turmeric to at least one of my meals everyday for the past year, and realized recently that the IBS problems I used to have, have pretty much disappeared (hope that wasn't TMI, lol) Whatever works!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great journal page. Sorry to hear about your stomack troubles. Hope you get better soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful piece of art;the shades of blue are so tranquil and the bird very sweet indeed. Hope you feel better soon x
    Milena

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better Kate. Your girl has such a look of innocence. Love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.