Friday, February 12, 2010

Our new second home










We picked up this today. We actually purchased it at a RV show last week. We took our old trailer in today and picked up this one. Its a 21 ft trailer 3 feet longer than are old one and much nicer. This one has air conditioning, a microwave, a built in CD player and radio and a bed that you don't have to take down everyday. I think it will work very nice for us.  Now I can't wait till summer.










This is a look at the interior, the side actually moves out so this area will look bigger then.














I started this age eons ago. I glues down this Mariners compass paper and then it sat. Then came the title and image. She was a magazine image that I painted over. I was disappointed that I did not make her more different than the original. This is what I had started with.














As you can see I changed the hair and the outfit a little but it still looks the same.  I guess I will try it again sometime and really work at making it different.  its funny how I thought I had been doing that until I looked at the original.










In this one I tried an experiment. I had all these little spirals and curly-q's that are remnants from some of the things I cut out with the Cricut. Instead of tossing them I decided to try and add them to a background page as texture. First I glued them down all over the page and then added gesso over it. Then I did my usual work of adding paper and stamping and more. I really like the effect of this. It was only done on the left page of this two page spread.

7 comments:

  1. You will be the traveling Queen this summer ! How fun !
    Really love the second page - great texture with your bits and love the fgures in it to.
    Have a sweet Valentine's Day weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I ditto what Kim said. Boy that bottom pic is something great. I like what you did with the words too. A traveling Queen of Creativity! xo, O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the new "home"....I bet you'll enjoy it this summer!!! Where will you go in it? How many of you will be using it?

    I really like the three girls page, the texture and their faces.

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! imagine all the places you'll go with your new trailer! congrats!

    also, love the new work, too ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kate.
    Lee and I had a travel trailer for many years.
    Our table area converted into a bed. The other bed was used by the kids. Hope you have fun!!!

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great looking trailer! But I have to say after living in our RV (36.5") for several years I really don't want to do that again! Maybe for a quick trip but that' all!

    LOVE the bottom page with the Cricut spiral shapes added. In fact, that whole spread is fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Queen needs a new Castle, and this one will take her where she wants to go! We do not have a RV, but we have thought about it a few times.
    We took a two week trip in a company perk RV when the kids were little and loved every minute!
    I love what you did with these...so much lovely color...don't you hate it when a store stops selling a product you like...YIKES!
    Hope you are having a lovely winter, Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.