Saturday, May 22, 2010

Life is Good










My friend Lis at Dandelion Seeds and Dreams gave me this award. I need to answer the following questions.

1. Do you have a special gift and what is it?

A special gift, I think I am a really good friend.  I listen and I counsel when needed and I am loyal and would do anything for a friend.  I am not sure that is a special gift.  Perhaps its my creativity. I do so many creative things, I am the queen after all. I am not sure there is anything special about that. 
2. What would your perfect day consist of?

My perfect day would be some time alone and some time with friends and family. I'd want to spend some of that time in nature and some of it indoors. I'd see those people I rarely get a chance to see.There would be food and drinks involved and maybe some dancing too.

3. Who do you miss and what do you wish you could say to them?

I miss my mom,  I would love to be able to talk to her again.  I would want to know more about her life and my grandmothers life.  I'd want to know how she transitioned into midlife. I would love to just talk with her about my life, the things I have seen and done since she died. I'd love to just sit and have a cup of tea with her.
4. Do you have a recurring dream and what is it about?

In the dream I have I am lost one time I was in some kind of shopping mall and there are all these different escalators some go to the 4th floor and some to the eighth and some you an only get to on certain floor. I am trying to get somewhere but this maze of escalators is confusing and I get upset always being on the wrong one.  Then I meet someone and he is helping me to get to the right place.  I never get there I always wake up first.   My dreams like this take different forms but the idea is the same. I am lost till this person helps me.  I think I am both people and it is either my higher self or an idea like trust.  If I just trust my instincts then I won't be lost. Dreams are interesting things.
5. Who inspired you as a child? Do they inspire you today?

I don't remember much of my childhood.  I know that I really loved my Aunt Margaret.  She must have died when I was 10, and she was in her fifties, way too young. In addition to raising seven children, she wrote a column for a local newspaper. Maybe that is where my writing desire came from. Many of my childhood memories surround visits to her home on her birthday which was close to Christmas. 
6. How do you hope you will be remembered? 

I would hope to be remembered as a woman who lived an authentic life.  One who followed her dreams and did all she wanted to do.    I want my daughter to be proud of me.  I want to be known as one who inspired other women to explore their creativity.
7. Is there a moment or an event you wish you could do over and why?

My brother recently died suddenly after returning home from the hospital after having open heart surgery.  It was a blood clot that killed him. I had planned to call him when he was feeling better. I wish I could have had that one last conversation with him.   
8. What artwork would you like to own? 

I would love to own a piece of Nina Bagly's jewelry, Or a painting by Sharon Tomlinson or DJ Pettit.  If I could have something from a famous artist I would take The girl with the pearl earring by Vermeer or anything by Monet or Renoir.  I do like my impressionists.
9. If you could have any talent, what would it be?  

Teleporting then I could go visit anyone I wanted at anytime. That would be so great.

10. Describe the best meal you ever had (or perhaps your dream meal) and who was with you (or would be with you?) 

It was the first time I had an entire lobster not just the tail.  I enjoyed every morsel of that meal.


Wow these were hard questions to answer but rewarding.  Thanks for the award Lis.


Check out Lis post on self portraits and photography in general.  Its wonderful and well worth a read.

Yesterday Sarah comes in the house and says something is hooting outside.  we go outside to the tree in our pasture where we have been seeing a Great Horned Owl.  Now owl in that tree but in the backyard we see this.

















But that is not all we saw.













It was exciting thing to find a family. If you look close you will see a parent on the right a branchling hunkered down in the nest in the middle and another branchling outside the nest on the left.

We also have kestrels nesting in the house we built for them like last year. Plus we found a hawk nest in one of our spruce trees but its about 50ft high so you can not see much. I love being able to see these birds so close.

3 comments:

  1. It was so nice to learn more about you. Your owl guests are incredible. What a wonderful sight. Thank you for sharing more about you and your owl friends. We really need to get together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading more about you...I miss my Mom too. Like you I wish that I had asked more questions, but I never thought about her not being with me.
    We also have Hawks, this is about the 5th year we have had them. The nest is really beautiful,it is about 75 feet up, and when the babies are born they really scream for their dinner. We are always happy when we find that they have come home. We don't have a Owl, that is fantastic, so cute! It is so good to have nature so close. Happy Bird watching, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answers....it's always good to learn a little more about you. As a child I looked up to my Aunt Dotti and wanted to be just like her so I can relate to the answer about your aunt. Also the one about your mom. My mom has been gone since '78 and there are still times when I want to call her and tell her something. I don't think we ever get over missing our moms.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.