Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What ever happened to being fearless!

Last month I did that session with Creative Awakenings all about being fearless as an artist. I did a few journal pages and I felt I was on to something. Now this month it feels like everything I do is crap. All the paint I put onto the page bores me. The colors look awful and it gets so frustrating.  I end up putting paper over it and doing collage.



















Here are two examples of that. The pages started out with yellows and brown and both got covered up. I had intended to just use this paper and then do a face on top but as I was looking for images for the next page these guys on camels wanted to be here.




















In this one I covered the entire page with glue and just did a patchwork of papers pover it. Now granted that is a fun exercise but its not what I want to be doing.  I want to be painting but I can't seem to do it to any satisfaction. Does this happen to any of you?

I wonder how all of you stick to your visions when you get in the studio.  I have been so frustrated lately that I don't even want to begin.  I know its a phase and I should just go with it but....

5 comments:

  1. AHH THE ONGOING ISSUE OF CREATIVE BLUNDERING! WE ALL HAVE THESE STRESS SESSIONS, AS I LIKE TO CALL THEM...BUT REALLY, IF WE JUST KEEP AT IT, OR EVEN DECIDE TO LEAVE THE PIECE FOR A WHILE, OR EVEN MONTHS AT A TIME AND THEN COME BACK TO IT....

    WE CAN ACTUALLY SURPRISE OURSELVES.
    IT IS ALL PART OF THE CREATIVE PROCESS...
    I LOVE YOUR PAGES...BUT IF YOU STILL DON'T LOVE THEM...THEN KEEP ON PLAYING WITH THEM UNTIL YOU DO....

    AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE NANO ADVICE, BTW....
    I JUST MIGHT HAVE TO SIGN UP...BUT I HAVEN'T A CLUE AS TO WHAT I'D WRITE ABOUT.....MY PROBLEM IS TOO MANY IDEAS...LOL

    WHAT WAS I SAYING JUST NOW ABOUT CREATIVE BLUNDERS? LOL

    HAVE A GREAT NIGHT!

    CIAO BELLA!

    CREATIVE CARMELINA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah we all go through it over and over. Best to just let your Muse guide you through with what she wants to do and keep trying but don't get bogged down when it doesn't work. Or, leave the creativity entirely and go read a book, revisit your favourite chapter in The Artists way for example?? Just a few ideas! You'll be painting again soon I have no doubt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What if you just play for a bit ? This sometimes works for me. Make a stack of paper of all kinds, get out the paints and the stencils and the stamps and make a big messy pile of painted papers. Play with color schemes you love or ones you don't usually use. Make backgrounds of all kinds that you can use later but leave the expectations of good or bad art behind. I think these blocks are all part of it, Lovely One. Remember you are goingthrough big changes as you heal right now and be kind to yourself as the leaves of your heart are changing...
    Big Love !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your journal pages...glad you are having fun with them and sharing them with us. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kate, it must be something going around! I just went through a similar thing and nothing I did seemed to help. Maybe you just need to do something else for awhile and then come back to painting. It's such a crazy feeling when you want to do something but you can't seem to do it. But don't give up....it will pass eventually and you'll be painting again.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.