Tuesday, April 5, 2011

A Peek Into My New Class

















I have been working on preparing and filming my next class. Bodacious Backgrounds and More.  I am really excited about this class.  It is going to be so much fun. I am going to cover Color Theory, pulled art, making backgrounds with spray paint and Colorwash and a whole lot more. Since I am including some spray painting I needed to take advantage of the one good weather day we've  had in a week. I headed out to do some sampling in the garage. Here's a sneak at my worktable, and then a few of my samples.














I just love this new paper stencil. I have used it to makes stamps, spray paint and use spray inks. Its pretty versatile.















I love how ithereal spray painting can make things look.

i













It turns out my black spray paint is having issues, it just didn't come out black like it should. I don't know if it because of the temps outside or what. I may just go get a new can.












I do love the look of spray paint over lace. Here I didn't mind that the black didn't really come out black. The muted shade seems to add to the antique look of things.














I did the butterfly's all in one color I think next time I will try multi-colored.












Some basic circles look good multicolored.















This leaf paper was a  new stencil too and initially I thought it was boring but now with multiple colors I kind a like it.














I love using this alphabet stencil and had been looking for it. There it was in the garage with some other stenciling materials. Do you ever misplace materials and have no clue where they are?

7 comments:

  1. This post makes me want to pull out my spray paints and stencils. LOVE the backgrounds you've created here. Those new stencils are great!

    And, yes, I'm always misplacing my art supplies. They usually turn up in the most unlikely places.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your spray paint backgrounds are so beautiful. I wish I could do spray paint experiments but I literally have nowhere safe to use those cans. Maybe one day...
    Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm just not ready to add spray paint to my "repertoire" but your results are truly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your pages! I haven't used stencils for background papers, but now you've got me craving to use them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful! is this a class just on stenciling? if so, i think it would be very popular.

    ReplyDelete
  6. My first comment got stuck somewhere in cyber space...trying again. I like your stencil pages...I have some spray paint and stencils but have yet to try them out....maybe now that the weather is getting warmer. Good luck on your new class.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like these backgrounds but as I am not good with the smell from aerosols I would have to use spritzers.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.