Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Books and Prompts



















My sister sent me a copy of this.  Lucky me, its the best new book out there in the Mixed Media category. There were a lot of new things to try and I was not disappointed. I hate when books having nothing new in them. I mean why write a book about it if all the information is right on someones blog.



















I am also waiting for this to arrive.   Misty is one of the only big names I have taken a class with and I love her work so I am excited to get her book.



Over at The Queen of Creativity Castle 

I have changed the bi-weekly Creative Challenge I rave been running. I am now doing a weekly prompt for Art Journaling. If you are a journaler who likes to work with prompts you might want to check it out here. Sometimes I like using prompts and other times I look at a prompt and then do something totally different so they can be used in many ways.




















My page is a background from the other day.  The color seems a little washed out, its more vibrant than this.  I used Faber-Castell big brush markers and some gel pens to draw the houses. Its all about a neighborhood where you can find friends. Would you like to come to my house and play?

4 comments:

  1. Personally I was disappointed in Misty's book. I didn't find anything new in it....just the same stuff everyone else is writing about. I'm really getting tired of buying books that are just the same old stuff with different pictures!

    I would love to come to your house and play!! Journal prompts are good when I'm stuck. They always seem to get me going again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I would LOVE to come to your house to play! Hope to soon. This is the last week of school, piano lessons, teaching art, etc. I will have a whole summer without dropping off and picking up. At least that's my plan.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loads of information here, thanks for sharing your view on these books.
    Really like the way your journal page turned out! :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate...I wanna come over and play too! I'm trying to decide about getting Misty's new book...maybe I'll wait until the price goes down a bit. I love her work, she has her own unique style. I was looking at all the beautiful colors of wool in your post above this one...yummy colors! Great journal page and I'll check out your journal prompts over at ning...hope you are having a great weekend!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.