Thursday, July 21, 2011

Back to painting




















I haven't painted a face in a long time and it shows.  I must have redone this 3 times and finally just gave up.  I am just considering it an act of play and then I can move on and play some more. I like to think that she is imagining the house she will have, dreaming of a life yet to become reality.




















This page took literally 5 minutes.  The background was already there.  After I added the stamps, this picture seemed perfect and the word symbolizes what I think she is seeking. It is so satisfying when things come together so easily.

2 comments:

  1. You and I are having the same kind of problems with our art. But I guess playing is important, too. Your pages look great. I think the woman you painted looks a lot like you! I've seen that in a few of your paintings and drawings....almost like a mirror of yourself.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.