Friday, July 15, 2011

Still Working On The Room















This is what it looks like when you walk in the front door. Its been like this for over a week and I am getting tired of it. This is some of the stuff taken out of my weaving studio. At least there is a path that you can walk through.  I also have another wall of stuff and then the kitchen table is full of books. It is very chaotic here.  The painting is going slow because I have been having problems with my right hand. Some arthritis and a trigger finger is making painting a real chore.















This is what the room looks like today. I am painting the trim so it won't be too long now. I so love to see the end of a DIY project. I always have to think about the end.  How things will look when your finished is always a motivating factor to keep going.

4 comments:

  1. The color is so pretty. It will be great when it's all finished.

    I always hate how they show projects going so fast on all the DIY programs. But they have a whole team of people working for them that most other people don't have. Painting an entire room by yourself takes quite a bit of time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blue... very relaxing color :]
    Gives the room a nice comforting feel to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too like the blue and good for you for doing it yourself.

    I wish I was able to do this for my house. It's very complicated on the inside (with textured cloth wallpaper and trim and then painted areas). It's heavily damaged from our wood stove that we used for heat until last year, so it is pretty nasty looking. Alas, to paint they want a fortune plus to MOVE all of our furniture into storage--as in MOVE OUT. We got three estimates and decided to live with dark smudged gray ceilings and walls.

    So as inconvenient as it is, I think you're lucky compared to the alternative!

    I had trigger finger too (2x) but it hasn't come back for a while. Hope yours gets better. xoO

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's looking beautiful, Kate. Would you be interested in coming to paint mine? :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.