Monday, September 19, 2011

Work In Progress




















This is the cover of the latest Remains of the Day Journal that I have been making. I used the skirt I bought at a thrift store recently for the fabric.














For the inside cover I used some cotton fabric that had crows on it, continuing with the black and white theme.




















This is the back with appliquéd bits, Sarah says it looks like a mushroom but that was not my intent.


















One thing that has been fun about making these is trying out all the decorative stitches on my sewing machine.  Some of them are really fun.  I have made a second one, but it will be a gift so I can't show it here.  Now that I have the cover done, its time to make all the pages.  These journals really are a long process but they are fun to make.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! The black and white looks great. And the fabric with the crows is so perfect. If you keep making these you might actually inspire me to get out my ROD project and finish it....then again, maybe not! I'll just admire yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really does sound like a fun process. I need to get out my sewing machine and seriously dust it off!
    I can see where Sarah sees a mushroom, it's great!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the black and white !Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cover looks great! I'm sure that it will inspire some cool pages too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like you are having fun...love your use of fabrics!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great class, isn't it?!!
    What a clever idea, material from a skirt you purchased form the thrift store... love it!
    Enjoy the 'Remains of the Day" course.
    Can not wait to see the finish journal :]

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made a beautiful cover indeed! Can't wait to see what you fill it with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cover is beautiful.... and u are right, it is a long process.. I am in the process of gathering paper and ephemera for my journal pages... that part really appealed to me.. but I know I hv to get busy soon and start my cover too.. I will, I will! Love yours! I am a thrift store junkie too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is Lovely! The lace additions are really nice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job on your cover! You are so right, it's a long process, but a fun one. Your yarns are amazing! Very productive summer.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.