Saturday, December 31, 2011

A New Project

I decided to take advantage of the holiday week and start work on a new porject. There is some sewing that I have wanted to start but always seem to put it off.
















This is how it all started. I had one of those charm packs from Moda and a pattern for a tote bag. First I had to lay it all out to decide what order I wanted all the squares in. Then came the sewing and there was lots of it. It took me three days to get to the next picture.




















Here is the finished tote bag,  I really like how it turned out. I ended up machine quilting a 1/4 inch inside each square. The handle has a lot of topstitching on it so it is really sturdy. The whole bag is lined with fusible fleece, which is something I didn't even know existed before I started the project.





















This is the back, there are no pockets here, but there are 2 big pockets inside the bag.




This show the front pocket.  I even made a bottom insert out of foam core and covered it in fabric. What a fun project this was.  I was amazed how long it took me but am happy with the results.

8 comments:

  1. Kate, the bag looks great! I wish I could sew like that but I have no patience with it. One more of the things my mom did really good but didn't pass on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is one beautiful bag, Kate. Happy new year, xoO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great bag. I love the fabrics...I even have some of them in paper form. You just reminded me that I should get those out and Mod Podge them onto something. Super cute! Way to go!
    I also want to send you my best wishes for a happy new year. You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is an awesome bag. I love the colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!
    Super sweet bag. :]
    Cheers to a ..."HAPPY CREATIVE NEW YEAR!"
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great tote, Kate. Envy your sewing talents (remember my flag I sent you? :( LOL ) Always like to see your new ventures. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love this bag! it looks just perfect for holding a journal and some pens on a jaunt down to a cafe!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.