Thursday, December 22, 2011

What Christmas Is All About















My good friends Kara and Kristi along with their sister Katie organized a secret santa event that I took part in.  They lost their mother to cancer this year and wanted to do something in her honor.  Merri Ann had always done this with her children.  We had nine families that many people bought gifts for this year.  We all met, grouped gifts together and then we took the packages out.
















Here I am with friends A'lana and Jeff. Jeff and I went with one group to take this most awesome Jeep bike to this little boy. His parents were going through a rough time and he had his bike stolen that summer. A generous friend bought him the exact bike he wanted. First he saw the sled we had brought and he yelled "a sled", he was very excited. Then he saw the bike and screamed "a bike" and he got right on it. "How did you know, " he said. One of us replied that we were Santa's helpers. We high five'd him and enjoyed the moment.  I ended up hugging the mom on my way out, she was almost crying and I was too. To see his joy and excitement at seeing this bike is a memory that I hold as one of my best Christmas memories ever.















This is my friend Trish, she took the above pictures.  We all came together afterwards and shared all the different stories we had experienced. Gifts had been given to families, single people and an elderly couple too. What a magical evening this was. I am so blessed to have been able to take part in making someones Christmas truly magical.

2 comments:

  1. Kate, that sounds wonderful! That's what the holidays are all about. I'm sure there were lots of happy people after all your visits.

    Merry Christmas to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an awesome experience, Katie, for all of you ! Yes, that true spirit of giving from the heart is what it is all about !

    Merry, merry Christmas to you and your Loved Ones !

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.