Friday, February 3, 2012

Postcard Challenge 2012 - France















This weeks postcard challenge run by the lovely Darcy at Art-and-Sole is all about France. This was a real easy one for me.  I started with some scrapbook paper and then stamped the Eiffel Tower.  Then I thought oh what else can I add to this.  So next came the lady's face,  I then added som Tim Holtz tissue paper tape to unify the two elements.  I like it, there is old world look and feel about it.















I made not one but two mistakes on the address. First I thought he was writing and I started with her name and then thought no that is wrong he is supposed to write so I used white out on her name and put in his name address.  Then I started writing the postcard to her.  Half way through I realized my next mistake so I decided the postcard was going to be from him. I just had to cover up his address and add hers.  Hopefully next time I will pay more attention to what I am doing.

19 comments:

  1. I love your postcard!! The lady is the perfect addition.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice, very French! ♥
    I might make the same 'fault' on purpose since I have a particular idea with some countries and what to do when the wrong person is send there by Darcy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooow! "Nicolai" is getting very friendly!! The front of your card is beautiful :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a pretty card. Love the papers you used.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful card, the elements all look like they were meant to be together.

    I have a problem each week with who is writing to who lol the only way i can get it right it to line all my cards up in order lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely lady image and the tissue tape does a great job.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, la la!! So very French and so very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice,it gives the right mood for everything french...I hope you win...Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your postcard Kate! I would live to get in on this one day. You should create your own line of postcards... I would be your first client!
    Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really beautiful card Kate. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the card & I suppose I must find some of this "tissue tape" I starting to get jelly over. <3

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love how you put this one togther, Kate. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous postcard. Love everything about it.

    Janet xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. love the way you put things together.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lovely images on your postcard!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely. Also looks very romantic.

    Nicki.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful card! I love the image of the woman, so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  18. a very beautiful card, like your images...I too have a problem sometimes wondering who writing to who lol..

    ReplyDelete
  19. Lovely design to your card, I like all the layers and the soft colours it has produced, like you the two personalities are a bit confusing to me sometimes and I forget who I am this week lol xxx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.