Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Wonderful Day

Beside the 70 plus messages and 7 videos I got on Facebook and Youtube I received some fun gifts. There were books a bracelet and an iou for flowers for my garden and then,


This birdie arrived, I think its the cutiest. I am going to have to name her. Esmerelda keeps popping up in my mind so that is who she will be.



This beautiful hand knit scarf was made by my sister Peggy.  I had dyed the roving and sent it to her as a gift.  She spun it into yarn and knit this beautiful scarf and then sent it back to me.   It is butter soft and has a zillion colors in it.  I have been wearing it since I received it.  What a wonderful gift.




My daughter bought me this bird pull. It has 30 birds in it and each one is different.  I just love it, but had trouble trying to photograph it.



So I will show just a couple of the birds close up.  I think this is one of the funnest gifts, I love looking at all the individual birds. She found it in Portland at the World Market.


My friend Kate surprised me with this wonderful gift.  Its a writing box, you can see the two grooves on top are made for pens or pencils.  The lid opens up so you can store stationery or paper and pens.  It is made out of oak by her husband Jim.  She has one and when I saw it I had told her that it was something that I always wanted.  She remembered the conversation and had Jim build it for me.  Don't you think she is just the best friend a girl could have.


5 comments:

  1. gorgeous gifts!! and i adore the writing box - especially as it was handemade just for you :) you can write your next novel on it... or at least, pen your thank you cards :)
    sending you belated birthday wishes from sunny, spring-is-here england :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of sweet birdies flew in to celebrate with you ! How wonderful !
    Enjoy the glow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy for you!! :]
    These are such thoughtful gifts... thank you for sharing your special day with us. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  4. You really had a great birthday! The writing box is beautiful and so personal. And the scarf is special, too. Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Birdies look really fun and I love the writing box. :) Hope you had fun celebrating. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.