Sunday, March 25, 2012

Postcard Challenge 2012 - Israel














The country this week is Israel, so at a loss of what to do I went the easy way and did the flag. Someone remind me next time just how hard it is to do a flag.














As we can see Louise is gong to take the plunge and travel.  Should the two of them meet or should they be like ships passing in the night.



I got bored the other day so I signed up for a class on lettering. I have always admired the great lettering that other artists do. I am loving it so far. Joanne Sharpe is doing an awesome job. This is called a whimsy grid.  It was drawn first and then color was added using PanPastels. I really don't have the right markers for lettering but I am just going to use what I have for  now. It appears the chisel markers are the best choice and I only have a few of them.  This little page was pretty fun to do.  I am using Strathmore's mixed media journal and I do love the paper. This class has 29 lessons for a great price.  I hope to be better at lettering by the time all the lessons are done.

10 comments:

  1. a good flag. never done one, I cheat and get one from the internet. will be intesting to see how your story pans out....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I of course LOVE your flag. I lived in Israel for five years you know!
    Lovely lettering too...will be fun to watch you grow in this area as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great flag, they look deceivingly simple, but often they are not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your flag looks great to me. And I like following Louise and Nicolai.

    LOVE your lettering page!! That class was fantastic! I learned so much from Joanne...now I just have to get busy and use what I learned.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd love to go on a cruise around the med...mmmm sunshine :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great postcard, I love your flag. Oh where will she go ?? A xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oohh, a grand adventure indeed! So many choices where should she go? What fun! You did a great job on your card and I really love your letering sample. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done with the flag. The lettering course looks fun.
    Jen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The simpler the design the harder it is to draw! or so I have found out!! I am interested in the lettering course - thanks for the link.

    Janetxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. All those pointy bits can be a bit tricky, i think you did a great job! I love your lettering, I also just finished Joanne Sharpe's class, she did some cool stuff. I'm all for using what you've got, then the results are truly yours! M

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.