Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Hanging In There

Still hanging in there, this old body of mine is having a hard time re-adjusting to this new plumbing I have or perhaps I should say lack of plumbing. I have been reading a lot, knitting and doing some beading. These are all things I can do in my chair in the backyard. I haven't really felt like doing any art, although a couple art journal pages have managed to pop out of me.




















This face is all gelatos otherwise known as oil pastel. I like the soft look it gives. The only problem with using oil pastels is they are so hard to write over.  Only a copic marker seems to do the trick.




















This page I had started before my surgery and decided to work on her this morning. The background is made by layering several colors of acrylic paint, adding a stencil, spraying with an alcohol/water mix and blotting off the excess.  It takes off some colors and not others.  Its a fun way to start a piece or artwork. The figure was found in the background.  I love it when that happens.

Do you find your art often surprises you?




4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate. I haven't been around blogland for a couple of months but I'm back now. Lot's to catch up on here. When I opened my blogger today I had to learn how to find the blogs I follow because everything has changed. Yikes.
    I am so glad you are recovering from your Gallbladder surgery. I pray for a full recovery for you. Hugs and blessings Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kate,
    I'm glad to see you checking in. I went to call you today and see how recovery was coming and, for the life of me, I can't figure out what I did with your phone number. Glad that you're taking it easy and letting yourself heal. Your journal pages are great and I am glad to know that you can write on Gelatos with a Copic. I rarely use my Gelatos because writing on them drives me nuts! I also am liking the stencil/alcohol trick. Going to have to give that a shot. Even in recovery, you are inspiring! Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tips...no matter what, you just keep discovering new things and share them with us.

    I hope your body adjusts to things soon and you can feel 100% again.

    AS for your question, yes...my art surprises me all the time. I like when I start out in one direction and end up doing something completely different.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes..!!
    That is exactly "why" I love the process of paining.
    The surprises and new found discoveries along the way. :]
    Wishing you comfort and healing, Kate.
    oxox

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.