Friday, May 18, 2012

In The Construction Zone
















While I have been recovering I have also had construction or should I say de-construction going on in the house. We are removing this old fireplace insert and installing a new wood stove.















Here all the bricks have been removed and the insert is out but there is a whole lot more to do. There is another big steel piece that needs to come out.  Luckily Dave is doing all this work and not me.
















Now we have a big whole that needs to be filled in with brick and mortar.




















Each day Dave worked on this while I stayed outside away from the dust and mess.
















Now the wall is filled in and next it has to have a backing and then brick and then the stove can be installed. It is amazing how long this takes.




















I know this does not look much like a hat but it will eventually. I work on this while I am outside away from the construction mess. I have been beading too, but there is not much to see of that yet so I will post a pic later on.
















My studio is just a mess, as you can see my work table is full of every possible supply, This is one of the backgrounds I worked on today. I have been playing with Inktense blocks, they are a fun way to lay down lots of color. This has many layers and more depth than the picture shows. I have a few others started too.  I am just waiting for them to dry before I can keep going with them.  Sometimes I use a heat gun and other times I just like to work on several things at once and let them dry naturally.

My friend Cyndi is coming for the weekend.  Its time for the Snake River Fiber Fair.  Its a chance to see old friends, be inspired by others, buy wonderful fibers and finished goods and more. I am looking forward to it. Have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a project going on there. Having a wood-burning stove will be nice in the winter. They seem to do better than a fireplace.

    I'm always envious when I see your knitting. For some reason I just can't get the hang of it. I can crochet almost anything but knitting is difficult for me.

    Have a great time with your friend at the fiber fair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep healing Kate. And do have fun with your friend. It may be just what you need to give you a healing boost. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW! What a project...
    A wood burning stove, will look great. These are a wonderful thing to have.
    Glad to see you knitting, so relaxing.
    Can not wait to see the end result of your hat. :]
    Ahhh... a little art journaling, perfect.
    Enjoy time with your friend this weekend.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.