Sunday, August 19, 2012

Hawk Flying School














We have some Swainson Hawks nesting in our yard and today they were having what I call flying school. I attempted to get some pictures which is not easy, even with my 300mm lens. Here are two of them in the field behind my house.











This one I caught in flight.












I like this upside down view even if it is blurry.













There were actually 2 hawks on this telephone pole.
                                                                              












Another hawk in flight.  I like how you can see its little feet curled under him.














This was my best pic you can at least tell its a hawk.

Addition:  here are a couple more shots.


2 comments:

  1. That is so cool! When I lived in PA we had what was unofficially referred to as "Hawk Mountain" in our sightline and your pics made me remember those days of watching the hawks flying. Thank you for sharing that.

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wildlife there is really stunning, Kate. Glad you captured them in the midst of their lessons! xoO

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.