Saturday, September 22, 2012

A More Interesting Face



















Face 23 was created with Neocolor II watercolor crayons. I had major problems with this, I may have to try the image again on different paper. I had too much water on the page and almost got a hole in it. Very frustrating.



















Next I wanted to do a more interesting face.  I got out the Sennelier oil pastels, oh I love these tools. I first heard about them from Mystele and she told me how she loved their creaminess. She is so right they are wonderful and blend so well.  I am slowly building up a collection of colors.  I really wanted paynes grey today but didn't have it so that goes on the list.

I think of her as a wise peasant woman, I would like to do more faces with character. All the magazine images I use for inspiration show young women.  I think its time I started to portray another kind. I can see a new Pinterest board in the making.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Kate, I love your last face. It has been so interesting to see all your faces. And I totally agree with you on making faces with character. After all we can skip the wrinkles we don't like and concentrate on the ones that make character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing a bit of catch-up today. Your new faces are all so much fun. I really like the ones you show here today.

    And I like what you did with the masking tape on that previous post. I love it when I can use things that would normally be thrown out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always something new and differen, I can't wait to see the next one. Hugs, Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. The top lady has creases of wisdom, which add quite a bit of interest. I really like your new profile image too.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.