Monday, September 10, 2012

Waking Early

I am not a morning person, I stay up late and I get up later than most people.  This morning I woke up early after having gone to bed earlier than usual.  It sure changes the scheme of things. I have been cleaning the studio and working on small projects. like adding new labels to some of my paper drawers. I love how they are easier to read now.
























This is today's face, actually created yesterday. The dress is created with Carb Othello water soluble soft pastel pencils. I like adding just a little bit of color sometimes, it seems to mix things up a bit.
















This is the cabled hat I started awhile ago.  I would have posted sooner but it is hard to photograph.  The picture does not do it justice at all.

















The close up of some of the stitches. I think there is a real art to photographing textiles. The hat is very soft and warm. I know I am going to love wearing it this coming winter.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Kate...I've missed so many posts. I really like the faces you've been doing. I'll have to try some of those woodless graphite pencils.

    I'm a stay up late - get up early person. I don't like to miss anything!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.