Monday, October 29, 2012

Gelli Printing Plate




















I was on Pinterest last night and saw videos about this. I had to order one right away. They look like so much fun and I knew I would us it a lot. CHeck out this video by the company.

 

Then there are videos by both Samantha Kira and Roben Marie Smith.  They both are worth watching. You can make some amazing backgrounds with this too. You can get them from Dick Blick or the Gelli arts company.





















I have been playing  with some of my new supplies so I have a few pages to share.



















This one I started weeks ago and never finished for some reason. Its is mostly acrylic paint with some stamping added.




















This page was made with dylusion inks in the background. I have been wanting to start adding more journaling to my pages so I made this one the way Judy Wise does hers. I like having a little snippet of journaling on the page. So often there is one space left on my page where I think it needs something, It will be nice to add some words to those spots.

4 comments:

  1. Great journal pages! I heard about that plate as well and tried it with just a normal plate but didn't have the right effects. But it was still fun to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did a class with the Gelli Plates awhile back. Great fun ! Didn't buy on though - I just have toooooooo many art supplies. Enjoy your art play though !
    Love the stuff with stencils and stamps. I have been painting almost everyday since I got back from Art is You and my class with Tracy Verdugo. In love with acrylics so much !
    Happy Monday !

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun little gadget/tool to use. I hope you have a great time with it. I wish I had the funds to buy one. Not being able to work means I do not have the extra money to buy art supplies and that hasn't been a lot of fun! I will live vicariously through blogs like yours. Great journal pages!
    Hugs and blessings
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't have a printing plate but I just bought a big box of Knox gelatin so I can try this technique!

    Cool journal pages! I can see you're having fun with all those new art supplies.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.