Saturday, November 10, 2012

All Day Write In

I have been at an all day write-in today for Nanowrimo.  There was a lot of great food and conversation and boosting of word counts.  What more could you want.  It was a perfect day but I am pretty tired now. Thought I'd show my latest  journal page.  I have been doing a little art every day. Some is just a background and some I do try and make something with.



















I hadn't intended to do a page on Frida. I created this wonderful background and tried doing a face. I always forget you can't do something like that over spray inks. Then I tried to fix it and the paper started to disintegrate so collage was the next step. This scrap of Salma Hayek as Frida seemed to fit the space very well, I am always amazed by the courage she had to live her life.

4 comments:

  1. In another of our life "coincidences", you'll never guess what I am reading...that's right Frida's visual diary. Just checked it out from the library. Frida was just meant to be!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm amazed that after writing all day you still find time to work in your art journal. The page with Frida (Selma)is beautiful...sometimes a "problem" can become the very thing that makes the page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful journal page and many good wishes writing this month.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful journal page, Kate!
    Frida, an artist, that has captured my heart in so many ways... this is a wonderful tribute to her & her life of "courage". :]
    KEEP ARTING, every little bit counts. ~xx

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.