Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sedona In My Art




















This journal page was fun. After playing with the background I saw her face and shoulder and then the rest of her cam out.  I was going to just outline her shape and then paint her but I like the way the gel pen looked so I kept going. The raven in flight was a stencil I cut a few years back. I just colored it in with a brush pen.  the background colors remind me of the rocks in Sedona. I can't seem to get away from Sedona, it keeps popping up in my art.

We finally got our wood floor installed but now there are tons of little things to do before we can move everything back into the room. I do love the way it looks though. I'll show pictures soon.















This is a pic of my daughter with author Laini Taylor.  I know a lot of you know her from her novels or her Laini's Ladies line of art. I introduced Sarah to her work and she became her favorite author.  She was just thrilled to be able to meet her. I can't wait to get my copy of her new book. Sarah got me a copy and had it signed for me. I am lucky to have such an awesome daughter.

2 comments:

  1. Sedona is a beautiful place and full of inspiration. I think the woman looks good just outlined with the words on her body. Strong imagery!

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.