Monday, September 2, 2013

Mono Prints into Journal Pages & 29 Faces















I have been toying with the idea of doing 29 faces again.  There is a possible trip in September which would make it hard to do but I think I will still give it a whirl. I probably won't get 29 done but I will get a lot more practice in than if I didn't do this.  If you want to participate you can find information on the 29faces blog. So here is my first face.


 


















I had those wonderful mono prints I made with my gelli plate on Friday and created some journal pages with them.  This first one had all the same color families.  I put strips of several pages together.  SInce its so subtle it didn't photograph well. I painted the the face on and old book page and then used gelatos for the hair and dress.




















On this one I pulled strips from two different color ways. I added some of Tim Holts tissue paper at the bottom right and then colored in with gelatos.  The image is one from the King Tut collection that has always been a favorite of mine.



4 comments:

  1. Those backgrounds are beautiful! And I like the face and the King Tut image. Cool pages!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet, You are so loyal to comment all the time. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Janet, You are so loyal to comment all the time. It means a lot to me.

      Delete
  2. I love that top one. Wow, is she beautiful! And the background really is something to behold with the writing and gelli plate prints.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.