Friday, November 8, 2013

Monoprinting with Glass

I've been doing my exercises for my painting class with Pauline Agnew today.  We are working on monoprinting with a glass plate and then adding ink on top of the print.





















It was an interesting exercise that I need tons more practice to master. We painted with watercolor paints, pulled off the print and then used india ink and other inks on top.  This class is making me grow artistically in ways I could not imagine. I haven't shared everything, but its all been great. We have 2 more weeks so I wonder what I'll be doing next.



Then we did monoprints with shapes and different inks and so forth. I pulled the following prints.

 



















This is quite a bit fun. Like working with a gelli print but a little different. I am linking to Art Everyday Month and Paint Party Friday

10 comments:

  1. Very cool technique! Some ghostly ones.
    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the first painting. I am so glad you are enjoying your class.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great techniques! It's amazing how a new class or technique can inspire and have one grow artistically. Happy PPF!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So interesting Kate, I love them all. I can see the ones of the girl in a storybook for children. Magical....;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so good to learn new techniques and develop one's skills and art!
    I love printing techniques and your results are wonderful!
    Happy PPF
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  6. A very interesting technique! Something new to explore is always fun and expanding. The prints look great!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow this is very cool. I love playing with new ideas and techniques. Great job.
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interest technique...wow thanks for sharing...love the colorful piece!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like all the colors and how they are coming together. Blessings, Janet PPF

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your blog name - Queen of Creativity! That is empowering! Cool process shown here - and SO creative :)

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.