Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Gelli Fever

I've posted about gelli plate printing before and how much fun it is. I found my stash of papers the other day. Some of the prints I thought were not that pretty at all. I discovered it wasn't the whole page that parts of it looked great. So I decided to cut them up for ATC's. I don't make a lot of Artist Trading cards but thought these would be fun to have some backgrounds ready.





















Once I started it was hard to stop.  I love some of these colors and patterns.




















Then I thought of tags.  So I got out a vanilla tag and started tracing it on various papers. It was so fun to pick part of a design out and focus on a certain area.




I love the bright yellow with the black green and blue in this one.























The layers of color in this one are so varied and subtle.






















More yellow and black that seems to pop off the page.






















The set of four here all go together even thought they are different. In some of the patters I can't remember how I even made them.




















I love the gold in the one on the right. These are going to be a blast to decorate.






















This is one of my favorite ones.  There is something about that blob of red paint that speaks to me.

Another thing I thought that might be fun would be to cut the scraps up into inchies and then combining them together to make new patterns.  Its great when you find a treasure in your own studio. Do you ever find surprises that you didn't know you had?

3 comments:

  1. Love your Gelli plates. I love doing it, too. It's so much fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are beautiful! I am addicted to the gelli printing. So much can be done with the papers. Can't wait to see what you do with them - altho they look great on their own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the ideas. I have a lot of gel prints, too, so this would be a good way to use some of them.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.