Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Revisiting A Journal

When I was preparing my class for 21 Secrets Fall I created a video of some of my journal pages involving animals. This led to looking through all of my old journals. I found quite a few pages that could have more work done on them. I guess that I am a more complete journaler now. I did find a 2 page spread where all I had done was a background.  I set that journal aside to work on the pages.





















For one side of the two page background I saw a figure in the background, I rendered the figure in pencil first and then painted the background with black gesso.  I like how it really makes the image stand out.




















On the next page I decided to keep more of the background intact.  I drew the woman in pencil and then marker and then painted her dress and face.  It's a great an example of taking a similar background and doing 2 different things with it.

Have you had any fun surprises in your journal lately?

Tell me about them in the comments,

Kate

1 comment:

  1. I like what you did with these two pages. I often look through my old journals and sometimes I add something here and there. When I began to journal I seemed to always stop at a point that now I see was too soon. I seldom added those little things that make a page special.

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.