Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Using Liquitex Ink's

This exercise we were supposed to have an experience in nature, sketch it and then draw again adding oil pastel and then paint it. Well the weather had been rainy last week and I wasn't inspired by anything locally so I used a picture of red trees that I took in Oregon a couple of years ago.

   



















This is the initial drawing of the trees, just a simple sketch in charcoal on watercolor paper.




This is my painting with the oil pastel added. I should have made the trees in different sizes, I'll try to do that when I get to the acrylic painting. I loved using all these fiery colors.


This morning I woke at 5 a.m. dreaming about liquitex inks.  I bought a set of these a couple years ago and haven't used them much. Really forgot why I bought them.  So I went searching on Youtube and found this video.  They are really going to fun to use.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.