Monday, October 27, 2014

Learning New Things

Having a blast with sketchbook Skool once more.  I don't know what it is about this course but I just love it.  The people teaching are amazing artists dom all over the world and the classmates are just the best.  All so encouraging and fun. I mean we even have our own T shirts, mugs and such.  How much fun is that. This time I am taking 2 sessions, one on seeing and on on storytelling. One started two weeks after the other one which is helpful.  This weeks teacher is from France so its been delightful listening to him talk, and seeing his sketchbooks and learn from him.



This was drawn from a magazine image.  Pencil, then ink and inktense pencil for the color.  Its small created in my Japanese moleskine journal.










I had been wanting another fountain pen that had a finer nib than the one I have so I ordered this one from jet pens.  In an earlier class I learned if you turn over the nib you can get a lighter line. Its a pretty cool technique.

In the Seeing course we are doing self portraits all week.




















This was done looking in a mirror.  Really hard to do. I think it looks like I am 12.





















So then I took this picture and drew my next portrait from it.





















At least I look a little older here, but it still doesn't seem to look like me.  Other people seem to see it but I don't.





















Here is selfie #3, drawn by looking in a smaller mirror.

Do you feel like your self portraits look like you?

Kate

1 comment:

  1. Kate, I think these all look like you! Great job!!

    Jane Davenport was just showing the Epic pen and she loves it for drawing. She said it makes very thin lines which is what I like. What is the one you have?

    ReplyDelete

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.