Tuesday, November 18, 2014

What Lies Beneath



I have  this quote written on an index card in my studio.  Its a great reminder.

















I should have, but I didn't take any pictures during the process of making this page.  It all started out trying to use colors different than by usual. At first I hated the colors, they were dark and drab and not uplifting.  So I let the page go.  I looked at it once a day for several days hoping for  inspiration. Then I thought oh if I add  a new shade of brown I bought recently then it would look like dirt. Before I knew it I was drawing trees.  Not any trees mind you but the 4 willow trees that are in my backyard. Which led to the roots and the focus of the page.  What fun. I painted the trees with India Ink and Golden fluid acrylics in Van dyke brown and Light burnt umber. The I used a white gel pen for the roots and writing.  I am loving the page now.

The journaling I did revolved around roots and what lies beneath the surface.  I am constantly on a quest to go deeper, jump out of my comfort zone, explore where I haven't before. Its often scary but so worth the trip. This was a departure for me colorwise and I learned so  much from the experience.

Where in your life do you want to dig deeper? To explore what's beneath the surface? How do you challenge yourself?

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love and appreciate receiving your comments.